ML Apps Systems Engineer
- Somerville, MA
This position is for a Senior System Engineer on the AWS Neuron team that builds the software that empowers the AWS Inferentia-based Inf1 instances. This role requires knowledge of models and frameworks like Tensorflow, MXNet and PyTorch in addition to system level knowledge on hardware accelerators. This engineer will work closely with AWS customers to optimize and accelerate solutions on the AWS Inferentia hardware. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to innovate and deliver solutions that power the world's largest cloud provider.
As a Sr Systems Engineer, you will work with customers, system architects, complier and software engineers to optimize and deliver cost-effective and performant solutions on the AWS Inferentia architecture. The ideal candidate must have domain expertise in high performance computing on new instruction set architectures, which may include CPU, GPU, FPGA, Neural Network Accelerators. This role also requires software development, integration and deployment experience across multiple popular frameworks like Tensorflow, MXNet and PyTorch.
• 5+ years of experience in a System Engineering or DevOps role with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge/experience on performance optimization on high performance scalable compute systems like CPU, GPU, FPGAs
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, and performance
• Knowledge of computer architecture, models and performance benchmark tools
• Familiar with software development, build and deployment process for software libraries and SDKs
• Masters Degree with experience on and hardware accelerators
• Experience developing and benchmarking performance metrics, identifying bottlenecks, and implementing improvements for a broad range of Models
• Software development and integration of ML frameworks like TensorFlow, MXNet or PyTorch across applications and use cases
• Ability to optimize software across multiple layers of software and hardware accelerators
Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top