Military Pathways Program 2021 - Germany (for exceptional military leaders)
- Lynnfield, MA
Military Pathways Program 2021 - Germany
(This role is for 2021 start dates only.)
At Amazon, we are thrilled to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into exciting post-military careers with limitless possibilities.
We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute over a billion shipments each year to our loyal customers.
We are looking for smart and analytical people, who are passionate about operations, to join the Pathways leadership team in Amazon Operations to become Amazon's next generation of leaders.
Our Pathways program is designed for those candidates who thrive on driving change, building an organization and leading through others, by giving them a direct management assignment in our Fulfillment, Sortation and Delivery network. Ideal candidates for this program are expected to leverage their strong analytical, communication, and thinking big skills.
Location: Opportunities available in Germany (you must be open to relocation as part of the program, location preference will be subject to availability)
Shift Pattern: This role includes working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekends.
Language: Candidates must have a good command of the language of the country they apply to (Common European Framework of Reference B2 Level)
About the Role
Are you looking to become a leader in a global Fortune 100 company where you can manage people, process, and technology in one of the world's leading logistics, supply chain, transportation, and fulfillment operations? Would you enjoy the challenge of delivering a continuously improving customer experience to over 285 million customers globally? Could you assume financial responsibilities that impact both the bottom line and shareholder expectations for a growing Fortune 100 corporation? If the answer is yes, then the Amazon Pathways program may be right for you.
Pathways (Operations Leadership Development Program) Operations Manager
Pathways is a five-year Operations Leadership Development Program designed to rapidly develop talented MBA graduates with the skills they need to be an Amazon General Managers and Directors. Pathways members will develop leadership skills and gain a deep knowledge of the business through a series of progressively challenging operational assignments across Amazon's growing supply chain network. Pathways are expected to be mobile and scale with the growth of the business, lead and develop large teams, solve problems with creative solutions and Deliver Results on behalf of our customers! Full-time roles are available globally.
Talented individuals are crystalized into great leaders through cornerstone experiences - leadership opportunities that result in life changing lessons and drive people to accomplish great things. Through a series of crucible opportunities in the core of our elite operations network, we will stretch your leadership capacity and assume progressively challenging leadership roles starting as a front-line leader (Area Manager) and then moving into an Operations Manager role. The business lessons you learn and credibility you develop will benefit you over the rest of your career and quickly prepare you for effective executive leadership as a Senior Manager in the program and graduation at Director-level role.
A Pathways candidate begins as a front-line manager in our Fulfillment, Sortation and Delivery network at one of many locations nationwide. As front-line managers, you will lead a team of 50-100 right away, while mastering the tools, processes and operations culture that have created Earth's most customer centric company. You'll have a chance to take on progressive assignments specifically designed to leverage your leadership skills, develop your business acumen, and test your analytics capability. You will engage in continuous improvement projects throughout the course of the program in order to gain efficiencies and productivity in your assigned area of responsibility.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Developing standard operating procedures for the respective business teams
• Direct accountability for setting and meeting operational goals, strategic planning and forecasting
• Leading a team of area managers and associates
• Leading process improvements
• You have either a Bachelor's Degree in a science, engineering, maths or a similar field
• Military experience demonstrating significant levels of responsibility and leadership experiences in challenging, high operational-tempo assignments
• Experience making decisions in an ambiguous and fast paced environment, consulting others where necessary to achieve the required outcome
• Strong analytical capability; track record of leveraging data and finding solutions for complex operational problems
• Experience communicating complex ideas in both in writing and orally
• Relevant leadership experience in a managerial role
• Experience managing stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
• Highly proficient in spoken English and the local language of your requested location (CEFR B2)
• MBA, PhD or Masters in engineering, management, logistics, manufacturing, science or a similar field
• You have gained previous experience in setting, monitoring and improving KPIs, as well as similar metrics
• Successful track record in supporting customers, both internally and externally
• Knowledge of lean, six sigma and kaizen techniques and methodologies
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top