- Seattle, WA
Are you a Technology Leader that can transform how an Enterprise uses the Cloud?
Can you work equally well with executives and technologists?
Does leading highly visible, high-impact projects that are technically broad and deep appeal to you?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring enterprise IT Leaders to work with our top-tier global 1,000 customers and their partners in transforming their enterprise IT landscapes. Our transformation experts engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, design reliable and cost-effective hybrid cloud infrastructures, create transition plans and develop business cases to justify the programs. Our engagements include projects covering thousands of applications across tens of thousands of servers and involve developing a shared vision, leading the customer through the challenges of cloud adoption, demonstrating the reality of the vision and then enabling them to achieve full operational integration.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Engaging with C-level executives to define Enterprise cloud strategies.
• Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Enterprise challenges.
• Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components.
• Architecting hybrid AWS and on premise solutions for technology clusters and patterns.
• Establishing shared IT service centers for Cloud operations.
• Getting feedback from common Enterprise requirements into AWS service development teams.
• Customer facing skills to engage well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing at least 6 or more years of IT implementation experience.
• Deep hands-on experience with Cloud Architecture Virtualization (VMWare, HyperV or equivalent), Networking and Cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP), Networking or Compute.
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (Security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA, etc.).
• Be mobile and travel to client locations as needed. Estimated 25-50% travel requirement within your region.
• BS level technical degree preferred in Computer Science or Math; MS degree is a plus.
• Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
• Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services.
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes).
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications.
• Enterprise IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. COBIT, SOX, HIPAA NIST, etc..)
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
Back to top