Microsoft Workloads Sales Specialist
- Irvine, CA
Would you like to be part of a team focused on accelerating adoption of Microsoft workloads ranging from Windows Server and SQL Server to .NET applications running on Amazon Web Services' secure, global infrastructure? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and sales skills necessary to help position Amazon as the cloud provider of choice for Microsoft solutions with the largest enterprises in the Pacific Northwest? As a member of the worldwide leader for this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of a service category that will have a significant impact on our customers global computing model. This Sales Specialist role has responsibility for Amazon's red-hot commercial sales segment and is part of a Global Specialized Sales Organization established to position AWS as the best place to run Microsoft-based production workloads.
As part of a single-threaded sales team focusing on the Microsoft workloads running on AWS, you will be responsible for working with customers in the West United States and their existing account teams to qualify and pursue sales opportunities for enterprise application workloads and datacenter migration projects. You will engage with our segment sales, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex opportunities to closure. These opportunities will include migrating SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint or SAP applications to the AWS cloud. Your commitments will include quota accountability, driving platform adoption within select accounts, market penetration in new and existing accounts as well as creating public references with customers telling their story about the success they've had running their Microsoft workloads on AWS. You'll also work closely with the Amazon Partner Network (APN) team and with Amazon's extensive partner ecosystem to come up with creative ways to scale and grow the business through programs you'll help coordinate with Systems Integrators and Independent Software Vendors.
• 8+ years of sales experience with quota accountability
• Experience in working directly with customers and partners in the technology space (cloud preferred).
• Proven ability to sell complex database, datacenter and cloud technologies
• Fluency with Microsoft Licensing, including License Mobility and Volume Licensing (such as Enterprise Agreements).
• 10+ years of sales or sales management experience
• Experience selling Windows Server, SQL Server or Azure Experience working at Microsoft or a systems integrator partner
• Experience with data center migrations
• BA/BS degree. A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
• Experience in specialized sales with business and technical decision maker audiences
• Ability to develop and execute strategic plans
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Experience supporting a complex technical sales or specialist sales organization
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300/year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Seattle, East Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, San Diego, Tempe, Irvine, San Francisco, Denver)
Back to top