Mgr, Vendor Mgmt - Video
Amazon Video' transaction team is looking for a bright, customer obsessed, driven, and creative candidate to join our team. This person will partner with exciting vendors like Warner, HBO, Lionsgate, and more. This Manager position will engage directly with multiple internal teams to optimize the product line for vendors on Amazon.com. Vendor Mangers will utilize a wide range of skills and work across major functional areas such as site merchandising, finance, operations and online marketing, to drive the performance of strategic vendor partners at Amazon.
Vendor managers are responsible for developing long-term strategies and significantly influencing cross-category processes and standards as well as cross-category vendor negotiations. They will develop and implement action plans based on deep-dive analysis of product line metrics and provide recommendations on business opportunities and long-term strategy for multiple sub-categories. This role is expected to build long-term relationships by creating value, opportunities for growth, customer acquisition, and brand-building for multiple vendors.
A Vendor Manager owns the Retail P & L for multiple subcategories, develops plans that drive revenue and margin improvement for the business, and dives deep into inputs and understands the downstream impact of changes to pricing, selection, and convenience for multiple subcategories. They are expected to audit all elements of multiple subcategory businesses (e.g., inputs, outputs, site experience, team performance), perform deep dive analysis on problems to understand root causes, and make decisions based on data. Strong leadership skills and the ability to build and develop a team are essential qualifications.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work at the most innovative online retailer and to develop and build strong functional skills in online merchandising/marketing and business analysis. Vendor Manger roles offer opportunity for greater responsibility and advancement into a variety of roles at Amazon.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of experience in in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines
- Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities with small and large vendor partners
- Experience communicating complex business concepts in verbal and written form
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem solving and project management skills
- MBA or advanced degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence others, with data driven arguments
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Proactive attitude; willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools, familiarity with database analysis and/or SQL
- Relevant experience in retail or e-commerce and / or experience working with large Consumer Electronics manufacturers desired
- Previous managerial experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top