As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. We are seeking an experienced leader to manage and scale messaging and content programs that articulate the value of T&C.
The T&C Strategic Communications team is seeking a Messaging and Content Leader with a passion for learning and technology to develop top-level messaging and storytelling for T&C. You will be responsible for creating crisp, highly differentiated, and compelling positioning and messaging for T&C. We tell T&C's most important and interesting stories to educate customers and partners about what is possible when you build cloud skills. You will drive our top-level messaging strategy and execution, deliver top notch written material, and lead cross-functional teams to create standard-setting content that will advance the thought leadership position of T&C. You have excellent writing and editing skills, and the ability to work backwards from the customer to craft relevant messaging and communications that drive engagement. You provide developmental/structural editing to elevate messaging and content developed by others, ensuring a professional, consistent message across a range of communications channels and audiences. You will oversee programs that scale best practices and help train others on delivering effective messaging, communications, and content in a variety of forms.
The ideal candidate has a strong technology background combined with a passion for storytelling and experience in communications or product marketing. We're looking for an excellent writer and creative thinker who can become fluent in AWS's communication style, tone, and voice and then influence and maintain organization-wide consistency for written communication and message delivery. The role requires meticulous attention to detail, a collaborative working style, and ability to articulate the most complex technical concepts in terms that make sense to customers, press, and the public. This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in the development and delivery of T&C's most important messages and stories. This role has one or more direct reports.
• Lead messaging and content strategy to communicate the value of T&C from ideation and delivery, to measurement and evaluation
• Deliver high-impact messaging, storylines, and content for T&C, including executive materials, web copy, and presentations
• Manage a cross-functional communications and editorial center of excellence to ensure T&C's executive, public relations, analyst relations, sales, and marketing teams are coordinated in their efforts to communicate T&C's most important messages
• Oversee team of subject matter experts in creating compelling and effective messaging, and ensuring clarity, consistency, and quality of content across a variety of communication forms and channels.
• Manage and scale the standard portfolio of T&C messaging and content resources to enable audiences internally and externally.
• Advise others on their content to improve quality, clarity, and impact.
• Maintain a scalable, repeatable process for developing, reviews, and editing high-quality content at scale.
• Developing and executing programs to raise the bar on messaging and writing across T&C product marketing, communications, and product management teams.
• Establish and track metrics that help to evaluate and measure messaging and content effectiveness and ROI.
• Work on multiple, simultaneous programs that require both strategic thinking and tactical execution.
This position must be based near any US AWS office including Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, or Santa Monica.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as product marketing, journalism, public relations, or executive communications, preferably at a high-growth technology company
• 3+ years of experience in a messaging-focused role (including elements like researching, writing, editing, and product storytelling)
• 3+ years of experience with creating compelling positioning and marketing content
• Experience executing complex, high-profile writing and messaging projects (preferably at a high-growth technology company)
• Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment; IT/technology marketing
• Experience editing and providing constructive feedback to peers and leaders on messaging materials and content
• Experience developing communication plans, and managing multiple projects, stakeholders, and deadlines simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced and complex environment
• Experience leading messaging and content strategy from ideation and delivery to measurement and evaluation
• Experience driving direction and alignment in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
• Track record of coaching leaders and their teams to improve writing and messaging skills
• Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
• A diverse portfolio that represents a range of content and shows your passion for connecting with readers
• Degree in marketing, PR, communications, journalism or related field of study
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.