Shopbop is looking for an innovative, results-driven Merchandise Planner with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive high revenue growth. The Merchandise Planner will partner with the buying team to develop category strategy and execute against strategic plans to achieve financial targets. He/she will work to plan, analyze, and continually improve our contemporary women's fashion apparel business across all categories and hundreds of vendors.
The successful candidate must be able to move beyond applying standard templates for solving problems, and support the team with creative, innovative ideas that are translated into actionable insights for the business.
- Partner with buyer to design seasonal and annual strategies by category and vendor.
- Build financial plans in accordance with merchandise strategies to maximize profitability.
- Drive decision making in season to achieve financial and strategic targets.
- Manage inventory health, open-to-buy, item-level forecasting, and assortment planning.
- Optimize sales and inventory productivity through analysis and plans that drive high impact decision making.
- Forecast financials and related operational metrics.
- Manage reporting, driving a high standard for analytical excellence.
- Develop price reduction and exit recommendations with buying team.
- Plan and forecast reconciliation across type and category.
- Envision the future and facilitate building it.
- Train and develop team members.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred, MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of merchandise planning experience and/or related industry experience (consulting, investment banking).
- Experience designing and building new processes.
- Advanced knowledge and use of forecasting tools (e.g. Cognos).
- Advanced excel skills. Statistical analysis a plus.
- Proven track record of achieving financial objectives.
- Proven strong analytical acumen to identify and resolve business performance issues specifically in forecasting and planning models, and strong technical and operational experience.
- Online Retail experience
- Hands-on or entrepreneurial attitude. Self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About Shopbop | East Dane
Since its debut in 2000, Shopbop has grown into one of the world's leading online fashion retailers for women, presenting a hand-picked collection of apparel and accessories from the industry's foremost contemporary and designer labels. Launched in 2013, brother site East Dane, a division of BOP LLC, offers a curated assortment of contemporary and emerging menswear brands to guys around the world. Both sites feature renowned customer service, unparalleled wardrobe advice, cutting-edge editorial features, and exclusive collaborations with forward-minded brands. In 2006, BOP LLC was acquired by Amazon.com, Inc., the world's largest internet retailer, enabling Shopbop to expand its services to enhance the customer experience. A trusted, globally recognized fashion merchant, Shopbop | East Dane sells only quality, authentic designer merchandise. Shopbop | East Dane is part of the Amazon.com Inc. group of companies.
Shopbop | East Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top