Media Analytics Engineer
We seek to measure a multitude of signals indicating impact of advertising to provide the most objective result of marketing spends. Analyzing this data to provide meaningful insights for each advertising client in a scalable manner will require many different skills. This role will require an innovator because of the unique metrics Amazon can provide, a collaborator who can work with the engineering teams to simplify reporting on insights and drive campaign planning/optimization strategies, and an operator looking for efficiency and automation. You will work with product management, sales, and engineering to build a scalable, predictive, and prescriptive product analytics platform. You will take ownership of providing insight to both advertisers and Amazon internal teams on how advertising campaigns influence customer behavior.
You will play a leadership role in our team – the team will look to you for advice on analytical and business issues facing them. You are right, a lot. You get a lot done. You work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things. You will have a department-wide view of the analytical solutions that you build, and you will consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide.
This individual will be expected to develop solutions to business problems that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity. You will lead the roadmap for defining underlying Data Warehouse platform, its core architecture, data flows and operational health. He or she will take ownership of the key business KPI reports and dashboards which support the strategic direction of the business.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities who strives to answer business/marketing questions rather than just producing numbers and who operates independently and works across functional boundaries. We are looking for someone who harbors a healthy obsession with the rapidly evolving online media industry. This person must also enjoy being a creative contributor and quickly become a resident expert in an area such as multivariate statistical analysis, or campaign effectiveness measurement.
- Help clients and sales teams illustrate the impact of media campaigns and identify performance drivers
- Conduct deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership.
- Design, implement and support a scalable and reliable infrastructure for Data Warehousing, BI and Analysis.
- Implement reports, KPI dashboards and metrics decks which distill down complex business problems in measurable and actionable insights.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Analyze and solve Product Analytics business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. Apply automation so that with every iteration on a problem, you build your solution to have maximum scale and self-service ability by stakeholders.
- Develop pragmatic analyses and choose applicable solutions that make valuable contributions to Amazon's businesses.
- Recognize and use advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems
- Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations.
- A bachelor's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics)
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience in using SQL to analyze data in a database or data warehouse
- Experience with a major programming language (e.g. Java/C) and/or a scripting language (Perl, Unix shell) to process data for modeling
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis is required
- Proficiency in Excel (macro, pivot tables and charts) is required
- Expertise in Statistical Analysis packages such as R, SAS and Matlab
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology, and business analysis.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with SQL, Linux, Oracle and OLAP and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
- Outstanding written communication skills. Able to distill complex data cross-tabulations into concise, meaningful insights with low entropy
- Advanced Excel proficiency (vlookups, macros, solver, regression) is a strong plus
- Outstanding verbal communication skills. Able to concisely communicate trends in metrics and underlying causes
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top