Mechanical Design Program Engineer
- Perth, Australia
Amazon is currently looking to hire an experienced Mechanical Design Program Engineer to join the team and play a critical role in supporting design, facility, and Engineering activities across Amazon's Fulfillment Network. This role will be based in Seattle, WA. Periodic travel will be required. This role will report to the Worldwide Mechanical Design Manager based in Seattle.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and cross-functionally managing multifaceted MEP engineering programs that will ultimately drive the optimization and increased efficiency into existing and new facilities. The candidate will need to work with a multitude of stakeholders to drive the development and management of the MEP design specifications being deployed across the worldwide network. A successful candidate must have extensive project and program management experience, practical HVAC knowledge, should be comfortable in a fast-paced, technical environment and be able to partner with multiple stakeholders across the company to implement processes and programs that will ultimately drive cost out of building operations.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
• Develop, Manage, Implement and Maintain the MEP design standards.
• Work with diverse stakeholders.
• This role will be considered the Subject Matter Expert (SME) with regards to HVAC.
• Implement strategies and processes to drive ongoing system commissioning in order to reduce Amazon's energy consumption and building operational costs.
• Align track and drive projects for the WW Building Design team. This includes defining common stage gates and driving the implementation of a portfolio of projects. Physical Infrastructure, Site Logistics management, Planning and Scheduling with 3rd party vendors, Project monitoring and reporting, Change management, coordinating with Vendors, Operations, Procurement, Finance, Legal, HR etc.
• Manage key vendor's relationships and service providers related to project work. Works closely with WW Building Design team to ensure SLA's are adhered to, annual spend is closely monitored, and contracts are renegotiated and renewed in a timely manner. Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues.
• Manage blocking issues, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and meet committed delivery timelines.
• Document and present strategies and periodic updates to internal and external audiences.
• Develop and implement consistent and repeatable processes for new implementations.
• Participate in business re-engineering activities to support acceptance, implementation and increase effectiveness for the WW Building Design teams. This includes working with several project teams across the globe.
• Make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
• Create specification documents, drive project schedules from design to release, and manage the production launch.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning or related field or equivalent experience.
• 5-10 years' experience in a mid-size or large company in the following areas: project management, engineering design, construction management.
• Strong experience in project and program management, with proven successes in projects greater than $10M.
• Highly skilled financial modeler.
• Strong background in HVAC.
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
• Master's degree in engineering or construction management.
• Project management certification (PMP or equivalent).
• Demonstrated advanced project management skills working with multiple levels of stakeholders across the organization.
• Superb written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners.
• Ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Experience developing and managing processes and tools to insure the complete project life-cycle from pre-development planning through final completion is completed consistently and predictably, while managing a high volume deal flow.
• Extensive demonstrated experience developing and implementing process improvements to streamline the entire project delivery cycle and lower total life-cycle cost.
• A track record of championing speed, flexibility and frugality in the face of rapid change and extremely heavy workload.
• Highly competent with personal computers and productivity software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and SharePoint, lease administration and familiarity with relational databases; knowledge of Saleforce.com a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top