M&E Global Accounts Business Development Leader - Studio Production (technology)
- Culver City, CA
Are you passionate about Film and TV production? Are you interested in shaping large-scale cloud-based production innovation? Then you may be interested in joining our AWS Industry Business Development team to drive Film/TV Studio production and transformation at our largest global customers.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, and the leader in providing secure, reliable, scalable, and innovative cloud services that help over a million businesses across the globe scale and grow. We are expanding in a number of areas, and our Global accounts organization is looking for a seasoned M&E leader with experience in Film/TV Studio Production.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in designing and deploying technology solutions that support multiple stages of Film/TV production (pre-production, production, post-production). Domain areas of expertise would include key elements of the following:
• Architectural and operational knowledge of the critical systems needed to support pre-production, production, post-production for both creative, operational and technical stakeholders
• An understanding of the workflows needed to support on-set production, post production, supply chain, finishing/packaging and delivery
• An understanding of the business, technical and operational needs of Studio customers
• An understanding of critical production elements like: pre-visualization, virtual sets, content acquisition, metadata, media management, media processing, dailies, VFX/rendering, review/approval, color, editorial, QC, mastering/versioning, archive strategies, rights/title management)
• Relationships with, and an understanding of, 3rd party solutions critical to all aspects of studio-grade content production
• Providing Studio production thought-leadership to our global customers and AWS teams
• Defining strategic direction and leading presales activities for Global Accounts, AWS Marketing, and influencing downstream activities for customers globally
• Working with customers and AWS partners to identify and lead proof of concept engagements and scope content production solutions
• Development of new service or packaged offerings, collaborating with AWS professional services, services teams, partners, and Amazon product teams
• Conducting executive workshops with Studio production leaders and executives
• Providing Studio production thought-leadership by participating in industry conferences, executive briefings and public speaking
• Working very closely with AWS technical experts in design, POC, pricing, TCO and delivery activities
• Supporting the AWS Partner Network and key industry technology providers with their production solutions on AWS
• 7+ Years in Film/TV Studio Production at a Studio, Post House, technology or consulting company (creative, media engineering, technical operations, production management, product management etc.)
• 5+ years of experience in client related interactions (presentations, building relationships, structuring and providing program oversight, working with partners, statement of works/commercials exposure, business case creation and presentation, technical presales)
• Demonstrated understanding of Studio production workflows and related technologies (e.g., rendering, vfx and animation, editorial systems, color grading, collaboration, remote production, asset management, media supply chain, rights/title management, archiving strategies)
• Demonstrated understanding of Cloud technologies and their current or future application in content production
• Demonstrated understanding of relevant technologies and fields within production, such as: MXF, IMF, ACES, Studio Security (TPN, CDSA), MovieLabs, Production collaboration, Remote Production, Virtual Set Production, Creative, VFX/Animation, etc.
• 5+ years direct experience in owning or creating market development strategies including: conducting discovery assessments, generating market assessments and business cases, go-to-market programs
• Direct, professional services or consulting experience in large-scale Broadcast and Production transformation
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
• Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or other relevant advanced degrees
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top