MCAD Application Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Amazon Lab 126 Design Technologies manages engineering tools systems and process for Amazon's Digital Devices Engineering teams, including: computer aided design (CAD), product data management (PDM), and design simulation (CAE/FEA/CFD). We are looking for candidates with a strong working knowledge of mechanical CAD (Creo/Pro-Engineer) to help to improve the productivity of design teams. You will play a role in defining design processes and work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to deliver an exceptional user experience.
You demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical CAD tools with a good understanding on how these tools interact with PDM/PLM systems; the desire to learn from new challenges, problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced design teams. In this role you will:
- Work with product design teams to identify the areas of improvements in the design process
- Investigate and introduce new best practices to ensure uniformity and consistency in our design output
- Assist with the creation of best practices documentation
- Work with design teams in providing guidance for training and support
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical design using PTC software (Solid Modeling, Sheet Metal, Injection Molding and Windchill)
- 2+ Years of experience in providing support and training users
- Experience with top down design, using master modeling techniques and best practices for assembly management
- Experience with and understanding of manufacturing processes such as injection molding, sheet metal, die casting, design for manufacturability (DFM) and design For assembly (DFA)
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestic or international
- Experience using/developing automation tools to speed up the product development
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- In-depth experience of identifying the engineering use-cases, define requirements and solve design/tool issues
- Excellent design fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top