Materials Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Operations group is looking for an individual who wants to work on a business that is growing at a rapid pace. We are a critical part of the hardware development process. We ensure successful fulfillment for product launches and ongoing support, grow the capabilities of our current systems to meet our needs, and drive continuous improvement for the company.
As an Materials Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Materials Program Manager is responsible for all activities related to order fulfillment, from forecasts to delivery, including day-to-day communication and management of the OEM partner globally.
- This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote Operations team driving order fulfillment. In this role, you will:
- Act as the primary liaison between OEM and team in Sunnyvale monitoring, managing and driving the OEM to assure goals/schedule is being met
- Communicate forecast and verify fulfillment from a materials perspective
- Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any shortages preventing meeting order schedule, including assisting in sourcing materials as required
- Schedule and host meetings with suppliers in US and/or globally as required reducing and eliminating shortages
- Be responsible for report generation and distribution
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple complex projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Manage inventory health by ensuring efficient inventory flow globally.
- Determine and execute exit strategies for unproductive inventory, and analyzing inventory position
- Improve visibility of inventory systems by designing appropriate reporting and communicate our in-stock plan to partners in finance, supply chain and customer service
- Own & drive the technical roadmap for in stock management metrics
- Integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making
- Work with cross functional IT teams to further automate key processes
- May represent the materials organization in internal Lab126 program meetings
- Travel as required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics or inventory management for a hardware device company
- 5+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
- Strong data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques; Excel skills are required
- Advanced degrees in Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering, or an MBA with a quantitative focus
- Proven ability to influence others, facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, building relationships
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Excel, and Access
- Data mining and statistical analysis skills with experience with creating and using data repositories to create a clear picture of in-stock position
- Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top