Marketplace Consultant, Amazon Marketplace Professional Services
- Frankenthal, Germany
Amazon Marketplace Professional Services (AMPS)
Are you interested in innovating to deliver a world-class level of service to Amazon's Selling Partners? The Amazon Marketplace Professional Services (AMPS) program seeks to improve the customer and Selling Partner experience on Amazon by working directly with Selling Partners to improve value, selection and convenience across their business. Our team will invent and innovate across technology, processes and people to grow the program, improve seller engagement and satisfaction and enable scalable global solutions through direct cooperation with the US, China and Japan Teams.
AMPS is seeking a dynamic and motivated Marketplace Consultant to develop Selling Partners and to help growing our newly launched Paid Services programs. Our flagship product is the Marketplace Growth service. The Marketplace Consultant is responsible for working with a group of 11-13 Selling Partners as part of this service, to help them grow their business on Amazon's EU Marketplace, offering support on launching on new programs, exploring Amazon's marketing tools, advising on account strategy and selection listing. Your work will be supported by a Premium Selling Partner Support Service, to help address operational and technical issues. This is an opportunity to shape a key new growth program in Amazon's EU marketplace.
The Marketplace Consultant will be responsible for identifying and building long-term relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the prospective accounts. Given the early stage of the AMPS program you will also be responsible for developing processes, tools and content for this new service. You will be a key part of developing our portfolio of Paid Services solutions alongside cross functional teams and colleagues in the US, China and Japan.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable influencing senior external stakeholders, a track record of using data and tools to drive business growth and be comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment given the early stage of the AMPS program.
• Create and articulate compelling value propositions around our Paid Service programs.
• Manage a portfolio of Selling Partners concurrently and strategically to drive sustainable GMS growth, based on a strong understanding of marketplace programs, tools and processes.
• Analyze customer data and make recommendations in order to maximize the potential of the assigned Selling Partners.
• Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers in your Selling Partner portfolio. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
• Understand and utilize CRM tools such as Salesforce to track all pertinent account information and sales progress.
• Prepare and deliver business reviews regarding progress and state of health for the respective assigned portfolio.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the Amazon Marketplace 3rd party services industry and competitive environment, including knowledge of competing product offerings.
• Manage additional projects around our newly launched Paid Service such as process, tool and content development, competitive analysis, and sales analysis as needed.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience including 3+ years of sales or marketing experience in E-Commerce, retail technology, SaaS, or software.
• Strong analytical skills including Microsoft Excel.
• Proven ability to successfully influence at all levels within an organization, particularly at the executive level.
• Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach.
• A passion for developing an engaging customer user experience with demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
• Superior communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
• Experience of business-to-business selling
• Ability to work in a complex, cross-functional team environment (including technical, marketing, design and merchandising teams), chasing down and following up on dependencies, mitigating risks, and escalating when necessary
• High attention to detail and the management of multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others.
• Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM tool.
• Creative, has initiative, and can constructively advocate on behalf of the customer.
Back to top