Marketing Manager, State and Local Government
State and Local Government Marketing Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is seeking a talented, self-directed marketing manager to drive awareness and marketing of AWS's cloud computing solutions to the Public Sector with a focus on the State and Local Government space in the United States. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
This role will be responsible for delivering the marketing content, collateral and customer-facing programs designed to drive further adoption of AWS among technical influencers and decision makers in the government and ecosystem surrounding the State and Local segment. Specifically, the role will be responsible for both content development and demand generation as well as working with the broader marketing organization to oversee successful execution. Successful candidates must be able to recognize the needs of these market segments and use this understanding to create targeted messaging/content and customer facing campaigns.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the public sector, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to quickly grasp technology concepts. Candidate must be able to generate and present best-in-class content, collateral and sales tools and be well versed in leading edge digital marketing campaign development and execution.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The development of all value propositions, core content, marketing and go-to-market strategies for AWS in the SLG sector.
- Build digital campaigns that address the differing needs of both technical and non-technical users and buyers.
- Craft and develop compelling messaging and tools focused on customers for use on the web, at live events and in customer facing programs.
- Work closely the rest of the Public Sector marketing team local and Globally to distill key functionality and benefits into core marketing messages that resonate with the state and local audience.
- Define the go-to-market approach by working with the rest of the Public Sector team to develop awareness programs and lead generation campaigns, spanning digital, PR and in-person campaigns.
- Identify and execute breakthrough marketing activities that reach target audiences.
- Deliver clear, concise content for websites and social media.
- Work closely with the Public Sector leadership team, technical teams, sales and BD, PR, recruiting and evangelists to achieve business goals.
- Maintain parity with the corporate site on a community-specific marketing site.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in marketing, marketing communications and/or digital/high-technology companies/products to public sector IT customers.
- Created positioning and marketing content for Public Sector, with State and Local markets.
- 2 years Digital marketing experience.
- Success in tying to marketing metrics
- Developed effective marketing campaigns within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology product success.
- People manager experience.
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously (with the possibility of being remote)
- Understanding of government procurement techniques
- The candidate must also be a strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives.
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study.
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and execution.
- Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted, measured marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion and metrics.
- Superior presentation and written communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top