Marketing Manager - Retention
- Mumbai, India
The Amazon Devices team designs and develops high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and self-motivated Retention Marketing Manager to join the Marketing team of the Connectivity Solutions Group. The role-holder will be responsible for supporting the Lifecycle marketing efforts by conceptualizing, managing and executing programs that nurture and drive customer renewals / retention, thereby minimizing churn. The role will require you to flex both your analytical skills and your creative muscles in building a customer lifecycle roadmap, and working with key stakeholders to execute this roadmap. The role-holder will need to develop and execute programs across a variety of direct-to-customer marketing channels, create robust frameworks to capture learnings, run experiments to test hypothesis so as to make data-driven decisions and maximize customer lifetime value. Candidate should be comfortable with ambiguity, capable of working in a fast-paced environment, possess strong attention to detail, and able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to understand and solve complex business problems.
• Own and execute life cycle marketing strategies focused on customer retention including goals, roadmap and performance delivery in line with business expectations
• End-to-End ownership of retention programs and processes across a variety of direct-to-customer channels - Outbound & Inbound, Manual / Assisted (tele-calling, visits) & Automated (including email, SMS, push notifications, merchandising and other new upcoming digital mediums)
• Conceptualizing, building, executing and analyzing retention programs, making continuous improvements based on performance, trends, and insights via tests and iterative optimization
• Generate deep insights about customers that increase their retention, root-cause & predict churn and lead to inventing new ways to delight and retain customers. Will include conducting primary & secondary customer research
• Own the product strategy and roadmap for retention - Partner with the product team to translate business goals into short term and long-term product roadmaps- Comfortable in generating a strategic vision as well as glide path with product teams. Stay abreast of new innovations and the latest technology trends and explore ways of leveraging these
• Liaise with local / global marketing, CS, technology team members to benchmark performance, streamline/improve processes and leverage best practices. Work with multiple cross-functional teams including fulfilment, sales, CS, product, Network to drive the key programs.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills and present high-quality documents to leadership
• Stellar problem solving and issue resolution skills with the ability to work effectively across stakeholders while maintaining quality and attention to detail. Readiness to roll up sleeves when required.
• Bachelor's degree from a reputed institute. 6-8 years of overall experience with 5+ years of relevant work experience in lifecycle marketing in consumer products / services
• Demonstrate result orientation and high Bias for action. The candidate must have strong operational experience and be willing to get hands dirty.
• Proven track-record of managing and delivering marketing programs identifying customer actions and conversions for each stage and achieving those KPIs
• Highly customer-obsessed thinking with a deep understanding of customer needs and aspirations. Skilled at decoding the price-value equation from a customer's perspective and an ability to speak the customer's language
• Demonstrated experience using data and KPI metrics to monitor and measure performance, measure effectiveness and plan ongoing improvements
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to think big and rethink how to better serve our customers
• High bias for taking end-to-end ownership of responsibilities, flexibility and exceptional communication skills earning trust of others
• MBA from Tier 1/2 college.
• Customer Lifecycle marketing experience in the television/D2H/broadband subscription business
• Demonstrated creativity and judgement to develop solutions based on customer segmentation and personalization
• Experience managing engagement/retention focused programs across diverse Amazon owned channels, expertise in A/B testing and optimizations and predictive churn modeling
• Focus on UX - Attention to detail with an ability to work with user product designers and usability experts to deliver habit-forming product thesis and strategy.
• Experience in consumer internet orgs with fast paced and accelerated growth trajectories and a deep understanding of mar-tech is a plus.
Back to top