Marketing Manager, Amazon Music, International Expansion
Amazon Music – Any Way You Want It.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and the digital music store.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, direction, and delivery. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us and make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale that can support Amazon's global platform, and customer base.
Amazon Music offerings are available in multiple countries, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in a way that enhances their day-to-day lives. We can be found on platforms such as the Amazon Echo, Kindle Fire, iOS, and Android as well as on a mixture of home and auto streaming platforms.
The Amazon Digital Music team is looking for a motivated, customer-obsessed, analytical marketer to drive adoption and engagement for Amazon Music Unlimited as we expand internationally. As a Marketing Manager you will be expected to develop, build and analyze adoption and engagement marketing programs across the Amazon ecosystem and devices, including the Amazon Music App, Amazon homepage and website, across Amazon categories, as well as driving outbound communications via email and push. You will work closely with Product Managers, Analysts, Merchandisers, and other Marketers to define and implement a best-in-class customer experience, to create effective marketing communication vehicles, and to use them to drive adoption and engagement for Amazon Music.
The ideal candidate will be able to execute at a high level and capacity (creating and managing campaigns with merchandising and marketing tools, analyzing customer engagement data, and solving problems) while also contributing at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth). The Marketing Manager should be passionate about the customer and must have proven analytical capability, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be able to automate and scale to drive personalized, contextual, and relevant messages to customers. This role must operate from a company-wide perspective and lead cross-functional and cross-business projects.
- Build marketing programs based on targeting key customer segments to drive initial adoption and ongoing engagement with Amazon Music
- Taking ownership of existing adoption and engagement campaigns and making continuous improvements to drive towards current goals
- Increase awareness of Amazon Music by developing innovative marketing tactics
- Partner with product and technology teams to build a roadmap and execute projects that lead to customer communication and engagement opportunities
- Develop programs to drive increased engagement from active customers and win back lapsed customers
- Develop best practices in execution and reporting that will scale for continued international expansion and serve as a model for existing international markets
- Write and present high quality documents to leadership
- Lead cross-functional marketing initiatives and partnerships across Amazon's business and support teams
Business Skills Needed:
- Stellar problem solving and issue resolution skills with the ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven work environment, where multitasking while maintaining quality and attention to detail are the norm
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use customer research and metrics to back up intuition and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
- High bias for taking end-to-end ownership of responsibilities, flexibility and exceptional communication skills
- Think big and rethink how to better serve our customers
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong quantitative and analytical aptitude
- Strong data management skills: Excel and experience with SQL strongly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in online marketing, marketing communications, product management, and/or consumer products and services.
- Demonstrated creativity and judgment to develop solutions
- Knowledge of SQL, including the ability to write or edit queries in order to mine the data needed to measure results and inform decisions
- Intuition for customer communication voice; adept at marketing copywriting
- Basic knowledge and experience with web authoring tools and willingness to learn both HTML and XML code if necessary in order to enhance or improve site and email content
- Experience managing large scale email marketing programs and writing customer-facing content
- Experience working in the music industry including a knowledge of current trends and history in music, the music industry, and digital music
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top