Marketing Manager, Amazon Campus
We are seeking a talented, strategic, entrepreneurial and customer-obsessed Marketing Manager to lead Amazon Campus' vendor funded marketing program. Amazon Campus is a program offering college students new and innovative retail experiences through the deployment of physical Amazon Pickup Points in campus and urban communities, with exclusive accelerated shipping benefits for Amazon Prime members. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting initiative in its early stages and build and manage a program from the ground up.
You will partner with internal and external partners to conceive, plan, and tactically execute merchandising and advertising programs that deliver a strong ROI for vendors, support Amazon Campus business objectives, and deliver a best-in-class customer experience online at Amazon.com and offline at our Retail store locations. The role will involve developing and enhancing a program consisting of co-marketing opportunities and integration between vendors, brands and Amazon Campus. You will also play a critical role to support our expanding program growth by contributing to the overall brand / co-marketing strategy of the program. You will play shape key vendor-marketing relationships and be an important contributor to driving top-line/bottom-line growth for Amazon Campus, ensuring that we create an innovative customer experience and continue to deepen and develop the program in the campus communities that we serve.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment and should have a track record of successful partnership/business development, negotiation and overall relationship building and management. You must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for partnership) and at the tactical level (managing the logistical aspects of procuring merchandising, owning placement across locations, analyzing performance data & reporting to vendors, owning profitability goals). We are seeking someone with demonstrated history of successful project ownership, merchandising/product marketing agility & comfort using data to troubleshoot and prioritize strategic business opportunities, passion for building programs from scratch and creating new customer experiences that impact students.
The successful candidate will need to be a smart risk taker who can deliver big (and bold!) ideas to drive University engagement with a highly visibly/strategic new product. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results. You will engage directly with multiple internal teams, as well as external brands to optimize our university and student-focused merchandising/marketing priorities, as part of Amazon Campus.
Our team offers a unique opportunity for bold leaders who want to work closely with the business in defining, designing, building and spearheading a revolutionary program that is in the early stage of fast expansion.
- Lead the development, execution and optimization of our vendor funded marketing/merchandising strategy for Campus and achieve growth targets
- Partner with internal teams to ensure successful implementation
- Engage with internal vendor managers and external brands to socialize Amazon Campus co-marketing / partnership development program
- Create and analyze merchandising performance metrics to inform future business decisions and our vendor engagement strategy
- Deep dive performance metrics to uncover insights into customer and shopping behavior and vendor engagements
- Foster strong relationships with cross-functional/category peers to innovate, drive vendor/brand selection strategy and growth priorities
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business or similar field with analytical bias
- 4+ years of experience in Product Marketing / Management, Partnerships / Business Development or equivalent experience such as Consulting, Merchandising or Operations
- Superior marketing/sales skills, with demonstrated ability to influence internal and external stakeholders, good executive presence, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Must possess excellent business judgment, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong partnership merchandising skills
- Proven negotiation skills, influencing abilities and analytical skills
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Results oriented, self-starting with exceptional interpersonal, written and communication skills. The right candidate thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel (think/react)
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Proactive and flexible attitude; willingness to take an "all hands on deck" approach
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence without authority
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results – self-starter and self-directed
- Advanced Excel skills (SQL, a plus)
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top