The Amazon Appstore team is looking for an experienced, innovative and customer-obsessed Marketing Manager who will lead engagement and loyalty programs for our top customers. We are looking for a candidate that brings enthusiasm for the product, passion for the audience and creativity to challenge our way of thinking. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing a variety of customer-focused and data-driven initiatives. The ideal candidate is analytical, enthusiastic, and has good judgment, creative problem solving and strong writing skills.
The Marketing Manager must be an effective leader and strong communicator to work with key stakeholders across multiple internal teams. You will conceive, propose, and sell new ideas, strategies, and concepts—and guide those projects to completion. In this role you will be expected to flex both your analytical and creative muscles and should be as comfortable with the marketing science as you are the marketing art, demonstrating the ability to appropriately use one to inform the other. You must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (optimizing campaigns with merchandising tools, analyzing traffic data and solving problems).
The successful candidate will have extensive experience running and managing multiple marketing programs and a proven track record of using multiple channels to drive adoption of a consumer service or product. The ideal candidate for this role will have knowledge and interest in the mobile gaming space to understand motivators and behaviors of our top customers.
- Concept, build and execute effective marketing programs to drive engagement and loyalty from Amazon Appstore's top customers.
- Develop and execute creative marketing programs, campaigns and promotions across various digital channels, such as email marketing, social media, online ad placements, co-marketing with partners, etc.
- Create targeted messages and customer communications based on the key value propositions and use cases of our content and target audiences.
- Identify internal platform and tool improvements that would help our marketing efforts, and champion their development.
- Direct production of creative assets.
- Develop high-quality communications for major product launches.
- Build and analyze key metrics and traffic patterns to measure attribution and performance of marketing programs.
- Engage with international teams to help them drive global successes.
- Have a deep understanding of the customer, with obsessive understanding of new titles, trends, and opportunities.
- Create and present high-quality documents and presentations to senior leadership
- Determining the appropriate methods and metrics for measuring and monitoring marketing effectiveness.
- Lead cross-functional marketing initiatives and brand partnerships with key developers.
- Bachelor Degree required
- 4+ years of marketing experience or program management in a consumer-facing business
- MBA preferred
- Proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders and leadership across the business
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use customer data and business metrics to back up intuition and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, a high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Strong understanding of digital and mobile marketing ecosystems and deep understanding of all marketing channels
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative measurements
- Thought leader with a solid understanding of the key business drivers and customer dynamics in the digital media, commerce, advertising, mobile, and high-tech industries
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders across international geographies
- Passion for big challenges, the mobile app industry and a good sense of humor
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top