Marketing Analyst - Kindle Store
Amazon.com's Kindle eBook Store is looking for an enthusiastic Business Analyst to help grow our business and create innovative customer experiences.
The successful candidate will be passionate about helping the team make great decisions based on data, possess exceptional skills in project management and data reporting, and be interested in books and the publishing industry. They will be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities. Candidates must be successful both as individual contributors and in a team environment, and must be obsessed with serving the customer.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for measuring and analyzing the performance of onsite and email programs, identifying new opportunities based on customer and business data, and managing projects that rely on close collaboration with technical and business teams within Amazon. Candidates should be effective communicators and adept at learning new tools and systems. Our environment is fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a deadline-driven work environment.
In this position, candidates will:
- Help us optimize how we market/merchandise books based on customer data.
- Analyze performance of content and email, always seeking ways to improve.
- Analyze website traffic patterns and optimize for seasonality, relevance, and selection.
- Drive site improvements to completion by coordinating with project managers, web developers, designers, marketers, and other merchandisers.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
- 2+ years experience with SQL (Oracle), Excel, and Access.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically. Comfortable doing both kinds of work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Comfortable with a varied set of software and editing tools. Ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Proven experience leading small to medium sized projects.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top