Marketin Manager, Distribution
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series—one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Oscar-winning films Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, alongside the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids and an extensive library of Amazon feature films.
Amazon Studios releases 14 - 16 films per year to Theaters, Home Entertainment and Prime Video. Our films are ambitious, independent movies by visionary directors that require innovative materials, creative marketing campaigns and excellent communication with internal team members and filmmakers.
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to join our marketing and distribution team. The position works closely with the publicity, marketing and distribution teams. The role also requires excellent project management skills, an aptitude for data-analysis, a keen eye for compelling and innovative content (written and visual), and a passion for continuous testing. The team culture is fast-paced, creative, data and detail-oriented, and focused on delivering results in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Lead marketing approach for films, including creation of goals, audience targets, positioning, and project management.
- Build out holistic strategy across marketing, distribution and publicity teams and present information to key executives and partners.
- Drive the development of marketing & distribution plan, working closely with and gathering inputs from all stakeholders including creative, media, social, PR, distribution, exhibitor relations, research and other relevant teams.
- Provide feedback to ensure all campaign activities align with overall marketing strategy.
- Oversee project budgets and work with team to track and forecast and process POs in a timely manner.
- Monitor and analyze key marketing metrics, quality and campaign performance.
- Provide inventive and innovative thinking to processes to simplify and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- 5+ years in relevant experience
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to use data to make decisions
- Proven ability to clearly and concisely convey information, ideas, and policies
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with Amazon executives at all levels, as well as outside producers, agents and distribution partners
- Basic understanding of forecasting models, reporting and budgeting
- Solid entertainment industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of the theatrical and the entertainment business across the landscape
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment.
- Strategic and creative thinker who can bring fresh ideas to a rapidly growing business and changing industry.
- Thorough understanding of the distribution universe with the ability to tap into emerging trends, platforms and technologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top