**Location is flexible for consideration in New York City (NY), Arlington (VA), San Diego (CA), Dallas (TX), or Tempe (AZ).
Are you passionate about conducting research that will impact strategic decisions for improving Amazon customer experiences?
The Customer Trust Perception team works to ensure that customers can shop with confidence on Amazon. We conduct quantitative and qualitative research studies to generate customer trust perception insights. Leveraging our research findings, we partner with cross-functional business teams across the company to identify opportunities for improving customer trust throughout every stage of the shopping experience.
We are looking for a Customer Research Manager to join our growing team! As the Customer Research Manager, your primary responsibility will be leading the execution of our bi-annual global baseline survey tracker. You will also own the design and execution of deep dive research studies (quantitative and/or qualitative) from start to end. You will influence business strategy by conducting effective research studies and identifying opportunities to innovate on behalf of the customer based on your research.
The right candidate possesses endless curiosity and passion for understanding customer perceptions and behaviors. You have expertise in research design best practices and identifying the appropriate research methodology based on the defined business objectives. You have end-to-end experience conducting robust large scale surveys, as well as strong analytical skills. You have proficiency in deep diving large amounts of data and combining multiple data points to translate research into actionable insights/recommendations. You are a creative problem-solver who seeks to deeply understand the business so that you can define the most meaningful and strategic research studies that facilitate informed decision making.
• Own the execution of our bi-annual global tracker survey that targets Amazon customers and Non-Amazon online shoppers, including: questionnaire design, targeting strategy, survey programming and testing, response tracking, analysis, and vendor management
• Manage all stages of quantitative (e.g., surveys) and qualitative (e.g., focus groups, 1:1 interviews, etc.) customer research studies to answer key business questions, including: research proposals, research methodology design, operational execution, analysis and reporting
• Identify the proper research method(s) for deep dive research studies based on business objectives, timeline and resourcing
• Conduct survey analysis, identify insights and opportunities, and devise recommendations that will inform business decisions aimed at improving the customer experience
• Dive deep into both qualitative and quantitative data in order to bring forward new insights that inform product innovations
• Communicate research findings and recommendations in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of management
• Influence partner teams across the company to take action based on research findings
• Manage external vendors that we work with for executing research studies
• Identify opportunities to simplify existing research processes and operate more nimbly
• Manage/prioritize research requests from business teams
• Participate in short term and long term strategic planning for customer research initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Research, Economics, or a related field of study required
• 3+ years of quantitative/qualitative market research experience, including survey design and execution
• 3+ years of experience utilizing data and analytics to formulate program objectives, solve business problems, and drive process improvements
• Experience with statistical techniques used for survey design and analytics (e.g., statistical significance, Conjoint, MaxDiff)
• Strong proficiency in Excel
• Experience programming in Qualtrics
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
• Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams, communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles, and develop processes at scale
• Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture
• Detail oriented
• MBA or Master's degree
• 3+ years of experience in program management, project management, roadmap planning, building processes
• Strong proficiency programming in Qualtrics
• Experience launching and developing new business programs
• Experience working with global cross-functional teams
• SQL experience
• Experience using data visualization tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.