The Market team for Workforce Staffing applies science, and insights to optimize hiring for Amazon's largest candidate population Tier 1 Associates. Amazon's hourly workforce brings the magic of Amazon's industry-leading customer fulfillment to life. The pace at which job creation, hiring, and growth happen to support the scale and complexity of Amazon es is a problem Amazon is uniquely qualified to solve and innovate on. Workforce Staffing literally hires by the hundreds of thousands across multiple lines, job types, and shift configurations. The Market team in particular focuses on applying labor market, competitor, and candidate preference to enhance job offerings, mitigate operational risk, and sustain Amazon position in the market. Come join a team that is continually shaping and writing the future of the hourly worker landscape.
As a for Workforce , you will excel in the design, creation, management, and use of large sets that will become the core set for research and insights. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable ETL processes in the warehouse platform to support the rapidly growing and dynamic demand for across various sources, and use it to deliver the as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making. You should have the ality to develop and tune to provide optimized solutions to the . You will work cross-functioning with analysts, scientists, and other s to determine the best design for scale and maintenance.
Key Responsilities Include:
- Building and migrating the complex ETL pipelines into cluster
- Optimizing the performance of -critical queries and dealing with ETL job-related issues
- Gather and understand requirements, work in the team to achieve high quality ingestion and build systems that can process the , transform the
- Designing, implementing and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large -sets
- and meta to support ad-hoc and pre-built
- Earn the trust of your customers by continuing to constantly obsess over their needs and helping them solve their problems by leveraging technoy
- Manage critical initiatives to enforce standard work and reduce waste
• Degree in Computer Science, ing, Mathematics, or a related field or 3+ years industry experience
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (, , Java, etc)
• Demonstrated strength in modern , ETL development, lake design and implmenetation, and warehousing.
• Warehousing Experience with , , Postgre, etc.
• Query performance tuning skills
• Industry experience as a or related specialty (e.g., Software , , Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large sets.
• Experience with AWS technoies
• Experience leading large-scale warehousing and projects, including using AWS technoies , S3, EC2, etc.
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of extraction, ingestion, and processing of large sets
• Experience building products incrementally and integrating and managing sets from multiple sources
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other s for the best practices on the ing space
• A desire to work in a collaborative.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.