Manufacturing Test Engineer(SW)
- Tokyo, Japan
What you'll do:
The Manufacturing Test Engineer, Software is responsible for designing, writing, and validating software improvements and solutions for all of eero's manufacturing test lines. Their role starts with identifying factory software areas of improvement, driving code changes through PR and merge, and deploying the new software to the factory test servers. A passion for continuous process improvement is required to continually reduce cycle time and increase test coverage by implementing best practices and using production and field data to make software design decisions.
We're looking for someone who can:
• Implement and continuously improve test software for the FAT line in a high volume manufacturing environment by working with cross-functional teams.
• Work with the firmware team to understand DUT capabilities in software and provide. feedback and requests where necessary.
• Work with CM and/or test vendors to integrate new systems such as shop floor and data transfer.
• Regularly drive FPY improvements for all software issues.
• Analyze new product testability and deliver test solutions to manufacturing partners.
• Engage in RFQ between eero, test vendor, and CM for best end to end testing solution.
• Learn previously existing, complicated software systems in order to manage sustaining effort and implement in new factories
• Lead test meetings with manufacturing partners for test software implementation according to test coverage and requirements.
• Analyze test result data to formulate trends or patterns to support yield improvements.
• Extensively document full slate of software systems.
• Setup DOEs to root-cause software failures.
• Interface with factory database and cloud pipelines to enable further data analysis
• Test and automate the upgrade of factory test servers to use latest software packages and OS versions
• Develop rapport with partners and detailed knowledge of "how the factory works," its capabilities and limitations
• Communicate project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives within eero and OEMs
• Provide frequent reports to test manager regarding collective factory status, not just regarding software
• Extreme attention to detail and an intrinsic understanding that factory escapes are unacceptable
• Minimum required skills & traits:
• 3-5 years of experience in scripting languages, preferably Python
• Knowledge of standard Linux command line interface and programs, specifically Ubuntu
• Familiarity with Linux, git, and all standard UNIX command-line tools
• Well-versed in production factory Final Assembly, Test, and Packout (FATP)
• Natural bias towards documentation; use of defect tracking systems (Jira) and document control (Arena)
• Experience setting up and debugging large-scale networks
• Engineering background with good knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes; experience with RF products will be a plus
• Exceptional english communication skills - verbal, written
• BS degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or similar; Masters is a plus
• Vietnamese a plus
Back to top