Manufacturing Test Engineer - Technical Operations
- North Reading, MA
Is your passion inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work affects the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you will fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply innovative advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we cannot even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics (AR) Operations organization oversees the manufacturing of high-quality robotics and gets the right materials to the right place at the right time to enable our automated solutions. It's a fast-paced operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally, and is driven by data and performance indicators. We are seeking a talented and motivated Manufacturing Test Development Engineer with a proven track record of implementing best in class test techniques and processes within a complex manufacturing environment. This role will report to the Manager of Technical Operations Test Engineering and is an leading member of the technical operations team. You will be responsible for leading and developing test strategies and solutions for new products, with a focus on automation, cycle time reduction, and improving product quality. You will actively work with engineering, production, junior test engineers, and external vendors to deliver the highest quality products with the lowest cost.
• Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
• Lead the development of equipment, programming, and processes for acceptance testing of robotic systems.
• Specify and guide external in-circuit-test (ICT) development with external vendors.
• Document test procedures, test specifications, and acceptance criteria for new and existing products.
• Work with suppliers to support deployed product and respective tests.
• Support the internal manufacturing team by resolving complex manufacturing problems.
• Propose design changes that will enhance product manufacturability and testability.
• Evaluate and approve product electrical Engineering Changes Orders (ECOs).
• Willing to "roll up sleeves and do what needs to get done" in a small specialized team environment.
• Up to 30% travel required.
• BSEE or equivalent required.
• 6+ years related work experience
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art test equipment, test fixture design, ATE equipment.
• Demonstrated expertise with test strategy development and implementation.
• Programmatic equipment and device under test control using standard software tools.
• Bench-top electrical debug tool experience as well as electrical design of test circuitry.
• Experience in designing or specifying electrical test interfaces for functionally testing electrical sub-assemblies.
• Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Master's degree.
• 8+ years experience, in environments that are fast paced and require multitasking.
• Excellent analytical skills, ability to define requirements and capability to deliver test solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with products with time of flight (TOF), stereo cameras, and other sensor systems test.
• Experience in circuit level debug to the component level.
• RF experience in respect to Wi-Fi, LTE, and GPS radio testing.
• Python, NI TestStand, and LabVIEW experience.
• Linux based product OS testing and control.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top