Manager VSP Account Operations
- Bengaluru, India
Mass Vendor Relations (MVR) program aims at managing a large vendor base with scalable and automated approaches. MVR's purpose is to deliver a high experience bar for vendors and maximize the value of the vendor's business with Amazon. We are looking for a dynamic and passionate candidate to manage our offshore team supporting MVR program in Singapore and United Arab Emirates (UAE) countries.
Duties and Responsibility: you will be responsible for a team of associates and overseeing the two categories of vendor relationship within MVR 1) reactive communication from vendor emails and escalations from vendor contact cases and 2) proactive vendor engagement to execute SOPs for initiatives such as adding selection, improving IDQ, and increasing PO confirmation rates. You will need to lead by example as you will also be responsible for communicating with vendors. You will be the main point of contact for the central MVR team (based in SG + UAE) and will be responsible for team performance, providing regular reporting, review of SOPs, and handling escalations.
You need to be an effective supervisor who can manage process implementation and improvements within a constantly changing environment to translate the MVR vision and provide direction to your team. You will need to be an effective communicator who is able to provide clear training and instruction to develop a high performing team. You will ensure the delivery of high bar for external communication and have the effective resolution of contacts as first priority. You will be required to be hands-on with communication to vendors when capacity is required while also acting as the first point of escalation for your team at all times. Regular dialogue with the central (SG+UAE) team is required and you will be expected to provide reporting of capacity and provide feedback on existing processes, propose improvements, and even build new SOPs to maximize efficiency.
To achieve success within this role, you will need to be adaptable to lead the execution of external communication on a broad range of contact reasons each day. You will demonstrate an ability to learn new things quickly and train team members accordingly. Use of judgement by you and your team is vital to the scalability of the MVM program and it is expected that you will execute accordingly and establish parameters for your team to operate within.
While team performance and reporting will be central to your contact with the SG + UAE MVR team, you will be responsible for acting quickly to solve defects as you and your team identify these. You will also be required to provide feedback on processes, propose amendments, and create new SOPs.
You will need to be passionate about training and managing a high performing team, translating and implementing a vision, and empowering your team to make decisions independently.
• Prior team management experience in sales or business development role, preferably in the eCommerce, retail technology, consulting or export/import industries
• 5+ years working experience Ability to manage an operational team based upon metrics and productivity targets
• Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred with 2-5 years of relevant work experience post MBA.
• Demonstrated drive to set and achieve aggressive goals while not compromising on the quality of the work.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
• Experience of working in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction required.
• Passion for customers and high attention to details
• Proven ability to both think strategically and execute plans with autonomy
• Excellent organization skills, and ability to effectively manage multiple projects and to evolve in an ambiguous environment
• Enthusiastic and passionate with a genuine interest in improving vendor experience at Amazon.
• Ability to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders
Back to top