Manager, Vendor Management Sports
Amazon Sports is looking for a strong leader to head our Sports buying team.
The Manager of Vendor Management (MVM) will lead a large, dynamic team and fully own a significant P&L and vendor portfolio. The MVM is responsible for setting the strategic direction for the business, focusing on customer experience, selection growth, pricing, and profitability. S/he serves as a primary advocate for our customer and must understand the competitive and industry landscape and identify new opportunities for Amazon. Additionally, the MVM will lead various initiatives, identifying and creating partnerships between key vendors and other Amazon businesses. Finally, the MVM will play a leadership role in the organization, leading cross-functional improvements in areas such as website experience, retail systems, and process automation.
The MVM will be an owner; solution-focused, and analytical. She/he will bring a proven track record of building and developing people/organizations, making data-driven decisions, identifying and adding process improvements, fostering strong vendor partnerships, and advocating on behalf of customers. The candidate will have proven experience delivering results both within and outside her/his organization. The successful candidate will utilize and expand skills in e-commerce business management, vendor negotiations, and ultimately in running a large retail business.
The individual will be responsible for the following:
- Manage a full P&L and driving growth for the category, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business.
- Set goals and direction for the Sports team, ensuring alignment with broader business goals.
- Drive strategic negotiations with external vendors and represent Amazon when meeting with senior executives from the largest sports companies in the world.
- Identify industry trends and develop innovative marketing and merchandising initiatives to support growth.
- Generate and implement big ideas to drive business improvement, innovation, and scale within the category and across the retail business as a whole.
- Lead a team of 5 or more vendor managers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams that support business needs, including retail systems and in-stock
- Bachelor's degree
- Superior analytical skills and willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- 5+ years' experience in related field
- 2+ years' experience hiring and managing a team
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Track record of results, setting strategy and running a large volume and high profile business
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- High threshold for working and thriving in an ambiguous, fast paced environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- Experience successfully coaching and developing others
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top