Do you find what to watch on TV very quickly? Do you love the user experience of existing video apps? If the answer is no, then come change that. Our team is re-inventing how to find content and building a new video destination that combines live/linear channels with on demand premium titles.
IMDb TV's Design team is looking for a problem-solving, forward-thinking UX Design Manager. In this role, you will support the design management for video entertainment apps on the most popular connected device platforms (Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV), manage a team of designers, and work with talented product managers and software engineers to innovate on the ad-supported entertainment experience. We are providing new, exciting ways for customers to discover and enjoy premium content, in addition to unlocking new opportunities for advertising on Amazon, providing brands (big and small) with a place to tell their story.
This role is for a hands-on leader who establishes a vision and strategy, scales their impact by empowering other designers on the team, leads the delivery of and is a key contributor to design artifacts. They will develop strong relationships with fellow Design Leaders and partner closely with Product and Engineering counterparts throughout the product development process to launch bar-raising experiences for customers.
The right candidate is...
A role model, mentor, and motivator of other designers: You are invested in growing people, developing talent, and creating an environment designers are proud to be part of.
A beacon for design craft: You bring deep expertise in UX design (frameworks, interaction models, prototypes, research). You're a systems thinker who identifies and abstracts repeatable design patterns and guidance. You think big, framing designs in the context of the broader customer experience, and are equally comfortable diving deep into the details.
Attuned to customer needs and business realities: You are customer obsessed and work backwards from customer needs while understanding the business context and technical constraints.
A wise decision-maker: You prioritize effectively, use data to inform your decisions, weigh the impact and tradeoffs of decisions, and seek input where needed to drive alignment.
Comfortable navigating from ambiguity to clarity: You draw upon your expertise and design process to create structure. You proactively plan ahead, look around corners, and can see the next step (even when it doesn't exist yet).
An influencer of design direction: You earn the trust of peers, leaders, cross-functional stakeholders, and partners. You are right a lot, but also humble. You welcome a healthy debate. You look at opportunities and issues from all sides, form a point-of-view, advocate for what you believe in, and bring people along with you.
A force multiplier: You are adept at scaling your influence and abilities. You develop processes that drive quality and efficiency to help designers accomplish more than what they could otherwise.
A compelling communicator, facilitator, and presenter: You have excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills. You capture and hold and audience's attention when presenting, and can facilitate a room to drive desired outcomes.
Thinks like an owner: If you see something that can be improved, you make it happen.
• 6+ years of design experience
• Experience managing teams
• A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions, and building and managing design teams with vision
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• Experience designing for the mobile device experiences and design system management.
• Experience designing for TV/connected device (Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV) interfaces.
• Proficiency with a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop or similar.
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups, prototypes, and style guides.
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture, interaction design, user-centered design processes, and user experience principles.
• Proven ability to work cross-team, synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, customer research/analytics and to design creative solutions.
• Experience designing for considerations including accessibility, scale, growth, discovery, localization, and personalization.
• Experience creating design artifacts including customer journeys, personas and archetypes based on a deep understanding of the customer.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.