How often have you had an opportunity to be a member of a team creating a unique customer experience? In the EU Direct Fulfillment (DF) team our wildly important goal (WIG) is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered as fast as feasibly possible, on time, in full...every time. To meet this goal we have to continually innovate in our transportation networks, and work towards providing best in class service levels through the entire chain, while using an innovative mechanism, to evolve continually our transportation networks.
As Senior Manager, Transportation team leader, you will play a key role in driving the performance, innovation and reliability of our transportation teams, working cross-functionally with teams across the entire Amazon business scope. Our transportation network is complex, but with your drive and dedication, we will achieve continuous improvement through our external Vendors, Carrier partners and Network design teams. You will be responsible for improving demand planning & capacity management, volume allocation between our Carrier partners, covering first mile scheduling, middle mile on-time performance, and the last mile injection.
You will be accountable for dealing with challenging operational issues, and planning for our peak periods. Reviewing performance, on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. You will lead a team of Program Manager to complete deep analysis of our network and understand our metrics in detail, and have the ability to implement solutions that influence both the short and long-term goals of our business.
As a Senior Manager, you will be a key contributor to the future technology roadmap and long-term vision of Direct Fulfillment within Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) team. Click here for a short informational video on SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
To be successful in this role, you need an aptitude for making data-driven decisions that will have direct impact on the customer experience, focusing on an impact based and process-driven approach. Key to your success will be the ability to execute the disciplines of operations management and the ability to lead through influence. This requires you to be an effective communicator to dealing with various stakeholder groups. Additionally, most critical will be the ability to operate at a bigger picture and tactical level in designing operations and improvement programs, while simultaneously managing the day-to-day operational execution as a key member of the EU team. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Ensuring we meet our promise to customers, measured by Delivery Estimate Accuracy (DEA)
• Designing, tracking and actioning on proactive leading metrics for managing the day-to-day operations
• Executing performance management metrics reviews (cost, speed, reliability, etc.) for outbound transportation and derive improvement plans from it
• Preparing for and leading Ops calls, daily business reviews (DRBs), Weekly Business Reviews (WBRs), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), Customer Service workshops
• Driving and leading continuous improvement initiatives with carriers, Vendor warehouses, Customer service and Retail teams to improve customer experience, costs or processes
• Advising Amazon leadership team proactively of critical situations along with the expected impact and mitigation actions planned
• Producing and communicating transport plans/forecasts on a regular basis
• Proactively identifying and mitigating operational risks (before they become roadblocks). Manage and solve Transportation related escalations
• Driving root-cause analysis and the successful implementation of corrective actions with causing parties to improve service or cost, or to resolve a problem
• Driving innovation by taking ownership of new projects and delivering them with success across multiple functions
• Service expansion: Partner with DF Global Product, Tech and Capability teams as well as other engineering teams to evaluate, develop, or support new product/service programs that add value to customers and Amazon business teams. Determining which projects move forward and in what priority order
• Partnering with vendors, carriers, customers, internal/external teams to Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g. requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Managerial experience in carrier / service provider management in fulfillment, transportation or supply chain, or experience in program management.
• Fluency in English is required, with a good command on written English
• Advanced proficiency in Excel
• Advanced degree - MBA, MSC in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance, or similar field
• Experience in writing SQL and using business intelligence (BI) tools to build reports.
• Proven analytical thinking, data management, ability to convert strategy to tactical operational plans, continuous improvement capability, sensitivity to details, and organizational skills
• Ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across the cross-matrixed and cross-functional organization
• Problem-solving and the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment
• Business and execution judgment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to drive tactical and strategic activities in parallel, and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• An additional European language
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.