- Columbia, SC
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Department EU ROC Overview
European ROC (Relay Operations Center) is the central control center for Transportation Execution across the Amazon's European Transportation network, supporting both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the trucks/vehicles to be placed at each of our fulfillment centers across Europe, based on various factors such as forecast, historical trends, vehicles capacity and carrier capabilities. ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
As an integral part of the European Transportation team, the Transportation Manager is responsible for the optimization of the transportation network. The role ensures the cost effective and reliable networking of Amazon FCs and line haul connections to all Direct Injection carriers. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding the overall EU Transportation strategy and continually identifying operational, service, and process improvements in relation to customer experience enhancement in a cost effective environment. The European Transportation team works with Amazon's Fulfilment Centers (FC), Supply Chain, Customer Service, Retail and Finance teams and externally with service providers, offering business and logistics expertise to ensure optimal delivery of service solutions.
• Managing the day to day team of Specialists to ensure that all the loads are being managed in the most efficient way with the highest quality.
• Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; following solution-driven approach to systems and processes, using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word)
• Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
• Develop and understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
• Systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
• Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by ROC.
• Communicate with Carriers and internal customers (Planning, Fulfillment Centers).
• Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment.
• Interacts with internal and external stakeholders and Senior Leadership to develop and manage change.
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience. Some keys to your success are the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
• University Education: Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar
• +3 years' work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce and transportation
• People Management experience
• Knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
• Advanced level in English (spoken, written)
• Experience in Project Management
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written
• Experience with supply chain management and transportation concepts such as planning, scheduling, logistics, delivery performance, carrier performance
• Willing to travel to any of our Distribution Centres/3PL sites in the region of coverage
• Experience managing large teams across different levels of expertise
• Communication skills in other languages: Spanish, German, Polish, French or Italian
• Data and metrics driven focus, both qualitative and quantitative
• Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
Back to top