Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of .com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echo.
What will you help us create?
We are working on a V1 product that has the potential to transform people's day to day lives. This is a unique opportunity to disrupt the industry and introduce a new product category to customers. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and machine learning software to solve real-world challenges. As a "Manager, TPMs" you have an opportunity to lead a talented and diverse group of Technical Managers. You are the focal point around which we build and ship this exciting new product. The team has a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and innovation-based problems. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Robotics.
The Ideal Candidate:
If you are someone who has passion for shipping products and you have demonstrated for the same, we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate has the courage of conviction. They are quick on their feet, take solid decisions, and are flexible to see various sides of a situation. You will be building teams, processes, and tools will be extremely handy in this opportunity. You will have an opportunity to create and drive processes that will influence several hundreds of Engineering resources. It is important that you can earn trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and consistency. Most importantly, you are able to lead by example and grow your team. If you have exhibited these skills in delivery of a consumer product, you will enjoy this role. This role has VP and Senior VP level visibility and it will your skills of abstraction and attention to detail, at the same time. The role also sets you up for bigger opportunities in the future.
• Build and lead a team of highly performant TPMs that will help ship the V1 product we are building
• Create processes, mechanisms, and tools that shape the delivery of the product.
• Manage budget and Fixed/Variable cost for the product
• Manage ambiguity and energize the team to stay focused on short term and long-term goals
• Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
• Own the metrics for project success. Define, measure and report on these metrics. We make decisions based on data
• Be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical and organizational challenges
• Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Consumer Device of SW Launch experience
• 7+ years of relevant work experience as a Technical Manager
• 5+ years of people management experience
• 5+ years of experience working with engineering teams to deliver software requiring coordination between hardware, software teams and operations
• 5+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
• 7+ years of demonstrable experience in project management and coordinating/driving release schedules
• Master's or advanced technical degree
• Excellent written, spoken, and listening communication skills
• A track record in planning and coordinating complex multi-team software projects.
• Excellent technical, problem-solving and partnering skills
• Knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle
• Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
• Cross-team coordination skills
• Proven ability to concisely communicate with an executive audience in both written and verbal communications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.