Manager, Time Operations
- Chennai, India
Join Amazon's Employee Services Delivery team and help make a difference for all Amazonians! We are currently looking for Services Manager to join our team.
The HR Services Manager sets the vision, direction, and culture of their teams by managing team performance expectations and goals, maintaining singular focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction, by identifying broader customer impacting issues and implementing solutions to drive quality and productivity, while achieving real time desired service levels.
HR Services Manager is responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives for different teams within HR Services. Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of front line managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the Employee Services Delivery team.
If you have relentless desire to drive process improvement and motivate and lead a team of exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed managers, leads, associates and specialists, all while analyzing systemic issues and implementing solutions to challenging problems, we have the career you're looking for!
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of service teams
• A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
• Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
• Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
• Strong project management skills; ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results.
• A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
• Strong internal and external customer service focus.
• The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - results oriented.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Leads and develops a team of 6-7 managers / SMEs / Sr. Administrators. Responsible for the overall direction, performance management, coordination and evaluation of the team. Manages the team and ensures high service delivery and execution.
• Actively participates in and drives the continuous improvement culture through 'kaizen' and lean projects. Identifies and eliminates barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
• Achieves performance goals and objectives in line with the network wide vision and goals.
• Manages the workflow of the team to maintain service levels and ensure equitable workloads among team members.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon's policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
• Manages relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, partnering closely with them for process enhancement.
Program Management and Communications:
• Identifies customer-impacting issues and implement appropriate solutions.
• Continuously raise bar on Service Delivery metrics: Quality, SLA, Productivity through reducing process hand-offs and automation
• Own and drive key Operational frameworks: Process Performance Dashboard; Quality & Control framework; Training framework; BCP Framework
• Understands and effectively utilizes resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
• Identifies and communicates service outages, investigates root cause, coordinates service recovery efforts, and ensures remediation plan is implemented to prevent future outages.
• Preferably a Master degree with 14+ years of experience out of which minimum 8+ years of domain experience
• People management & leadership experience: Team management, Coaching & Mentoring, Recruitment, Performance Management
• Proven strength in Customer and Stakeholder management in Global organizations
• Ability to build team vision in alignment with Organization priorities as well as deep dive with hands on process experience
• Proven Change management skills & Project management skills.
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma with past experience in driving projects with help of LEAN / Six Sigma tools
• Familiarity with Data Analysis and automation tools (RPA, Machine Learning, AI)
• Familiarity with HR systems: PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, ADP or other HR management and Payroll systems
• PHR, GPHR, or SPHR certification.
• Strong systems knowledge. Experience PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, ADP or other HR management and Payroll systems as well as call center applications.
• PHR, GPHR, or SPHR certification.
• Ability to handle projects using the Project Management principles and methodology.
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.
Back to top