Manager, Tax Controversy
- Arlington, VA
Amazon is seeking a Manager to join the tax controversy team. The position will join a team in Amazon's tax group directly responsible of IRS and other audits in various tax jurisdictions.
In addition, this position with be interacting with other members of the Amazon tax team handling various tax issues including information reporting, indirect tax, mergers and acquisitions, and tax compliance.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Acting as a primary tax point of contact for certain audits and audit issues.
• Preparing, planning and coordinating information document requests and other similar inquiries for tax authority requests.
• Preparing and presenting presentations on various tax issues to tax authorities.
• Coordinating communications with the Amazon Tax Reporting Team as well as internal tax functional subject matter experts.
• Researching and documenting domestic and international tax issues, from a controversy perspective.
• Managing relationship with external advisors on tax controversy related matters.
• Developing strong working relationships among cross-functional teams, including Legal, Accounting, HR, and other teams.
• Implementing and executing organizational processes to help the Tax controversy team meet its goal of continuous process improvements related to the team's objectives.
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting / Taxation or equivalent.
• 7+ years of corporate tax experience
• Project management experience
• Experience directly in tax controversy is preferred.
• Experience directly in the area of US federal taxation of international transactions is preferred.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
• Effective interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top