Manager, Supply Chain Management, ATS-ROC
- Hyderabad, India
The Relay Operations Center of Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is looking for a forward-thinking, customer obsessed leader to manage transportation projects, implement and improve metrics, and ensure that shipments move through the network (Middle Mile) in a way that is scalable and ensures industry leading customer experience.
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on the customer experience. Many decisions will require high velocity decision making with limited information, along with insisting on high standards to improve process or technology. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting or working with multiple teams (business and technical). The Relay Operations Center is constantly changing and improving: "Industry Standard" does not apply. The Operations Manager for Relay Operations Center will need to have a "Figure it Out" mentality as the team is often on the cutting edge, where standardization and background processes do not yet exist.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Hands-on development of a team of shift managers
• Coordination with other teams such as Planning and optimization, Carrier Management, Fulfillment Centers, and Sort Centers to meet strategic goals
• Responding with best in class service to internal clients (Fulfillment Centers/Sort Center/Delivery Stations) regarding on time performance, costs, status of freight, availability of freight and exceptions to the schedule of freight
• Creating and implementing improvements to our transportation network that deliver flexible and efficient products for our customers; such as network configuration changes
• Own labor planning and staffing for the Relay Operations Center
• Clearly and concisely communicate within team and other Amazon groups
• Providing direction and communicating needs to Tech partners to build tools
• Ensure updated standard work SOPs and trainings are available to all teammates
The ideal candidate has a background in running large, cross-functional projects. The candidate is as comfortable working on high-level strategy and design as they are rolling-up their sleeves and working on implementation. They have demonstrated the ability to build customized logistics solutions, drive process improvement, standardize procedures and eliminate the root cause of defects within current systems. This job will require strong communication skills and the ability to work independently in a high pressure and often ambiguous work environment. Passion and drive for customer service is a must.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or related field
• 7+ years supply chain, transportation operations, and/or project management in a management role
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematics and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Experience leading a large (20+) team with multiple levels of reports
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Intermediate-to-advanced MS Office proficiency (Can record macros or connect to a database)
• Experience in writing SQL queries
• Up to 20% travel
• Master's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field
• Demonstrated success working with carriers and or brokers.
• Familiarity with data modelling
• Proficiency in Lean and Six Sigma
• Experience in manufacturing, transportation, customer service, and/or distribution environments
• Data management & data quality control experience with experience pulling and analyzing large sets of data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top