Manager, Supply Chain
Amazon is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager with a strong delivery record and senior leadership experience to own and manage strategic, cross-functional operations and technology projects. This high-visibility role will require working with business and software teams across the company and around the world to prioritize projects which support both new products/programs and existing operations and supply chain systems.
- Driving global standardization of fulfillment practices, businesses processes, and reporting with fulfillment center, retail, finance, engineering, and supply chain stakeholders
- Forming cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders
- Innovating for step-change improvement in safety, quality, and cost metrics
- Partnering with Directors, VPs, and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- · High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- · Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university or 4+ years Amazon experience
- 5+ years' experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required, including use of lookups and pivot tables.
- MBA and work experience in technical field is highly desired
- Prior experience or use of Lean/Six Sigma
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages are a plus
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top