Manager, Studio Operations
- Istanbul, Turkey
Amazon Product Imaging builds the world's best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Studio Operations Manager to lead studio operations in a commercial photography studio environment. As a Studio Operations Manager, you will oversee the workflow of high volumes of products between fulfillment center(s) and studio(s), owning procurement, inventory, accounting compliance and loss prevention of product. You set daily production goals and ensure resources are in place to meet targets, coordinating directly with studio, retail, FC/facility and logistics teams to ensure seamless planning for product requiring imaging. You are responsible for short and long-term operational planning, including allocating labor, leading daily planning meetings, and assigning job duties. You will forecast future volumes and make plans to ensure capacity meets demand, creating contingency plans and reacting quickly to changing priorities.
As a leader in the studio, you ensure standard operating procedures are followed, identify inefficiencies in workflow and drive a culture of continuous improvement. You collaborate and share best practices with your peers worldwide, delivering innovative operating procedures that can scale at high volumes while motivating a team of people to deliver results.
• Day to day management and direction of studio operations function
• Planning and overseeing the flow of product and virtual assets through all stages of the studio workflow
• Staffing/workforce planning for Studio Operations
• Using systems/data to track and plan for volume and flow of product that requires imaging
• Contributing kaizen expertise and driving a culture of continuous improvement within studio and/or region
• Collecting and analyzing data and testing solutions for process improvements and new initiatives
• Regularly reporting key productivity and quality metrics to stakeholders
• Implementing studio-wide safety programs including disaster preparedness
• Providing daily supervision as well as mentoring, training, development and performance management of Studio Operations team
• Creating training and process documentationTo learn more about Product Imaging, visit our page at http://bit.ly/AmazonImaging
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
• Professional experience in a high volume, high production operations environment
• Experience identifying and implementing process improvements, preferably with LEAN or Six Sigma methodology
• Proficiency with Microsoft office
• Experience managing a team/function
• Excellent English proficiency (written and oral)
• Occasional travel may be required
• Previous experience working in a high volume commercial studio, or fulfillment center in an operational management capacity
• Experience successfully leading teams/functions through change
• Proficiency using multiple platforms and software to create/measure productivity and other operational metrics
• Project management skills
• Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
• Ability to influence and build successful working relationships with a diverse set of partners
• Strong proficiency in analysis tools including SQL or any other relevant software.
Back to top