Nontech - RCO
We are seeking a Sr. Program Manager who will be the Global Process Owner (GPO) for our Screening process. This role will be part of our Amazon Registration & Compliance Operations (RCO) organization. The RCO organization is responsible for making Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting the innocent and deterring the 'ill-intentioned'. Protecting the interests of the end users is our top priority, balancing being compliant and giving a great customer experience. Our team achieves this objective through a combination of automated and manual investigations of the seller transactions on our marketplace.
In this role, you will be leading and directly managing a team of Project Managers located globally, all responsible for the operational process management and improvement for the Screening program. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and improvement of the operational performance of our Screening processes. The key responsibility of the role & team will include: (1) incoming/new program initiatives to "operationalize" into the function; (2) productivity and efficiency improvements of the functional process they own; (3) incoming volume control management with program owners; (4) governance of the program from Ops perspective: process, tools, audit, inspection, mechanisms; (5) effective design, implementation, execution of the Change Management related to Screening process from an operational perspective. In this role, you will need to demonstrate the ability to dive deep to understand the details of the Screening process, identifying opportunity for improving the process leveraging data as well as the ability to think big, coming up with big and innovative ideas to transform the process, balancing great customer experience as well as strong operational effectiveness for the process (quality, cost, productivity).
One of the key aspects of the role is partnering with the Amazon Risk and Compliance Product Team as well as the global business stakeholders in identifying and leading the implementation of the appropriate process improvements. As the Sr. PM, you will drive operational cost improvements, overall quality and customer experience, resource planning, appropriate training and necessary tools, decision quality, process efficiency and global alignment in partnership with the Screening Single Threaded Owner.
• Identification, execution & delivery of programs & projects targeted on designing and/or improving operational processes related to Screening process/program to deliver great customer experience and operational goals (quality, cost, waste reduction, productivity).
• Implementation into our Global RCO Screening Operations team of incoming new initiatives and program, including rolling out new investigations tools and systems to our RCO investigators population.
• Partner with the Screening Single Threaded Program Owner, Functional Ops Leader, Business Stakeholders, Finance from project intake, prioritization, planning, execution and control post implementation.
• Implementation and execution of governance of the Screening program from Ops perspective including process, tools, audit, inspection, mechanisms.
• Effective design, implementation, execution of the Change Management related to Screening process from an operational perspective, ensuring that changes are understood and adopted by the user community (primary group: RCO investigators).
• Hire and developing talent within the Screening GPO Team and broader RCO organization.
• Bachelor's degree
• People management (hire & develop) experience
• Large scale project management experience in leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals
• Ability to motivate and focus people resources where there is no direct reporting relationship
• Experience working in an Operations environment, driving improvements that have resulted in measurable business impact
• Demonstrated knowledge of program management lifecycle, and skilled at project management tools
• Proven ability in deconstructing processes and metrics, to identify areas of opportunity and lead the development and implementation of new processes.
• Proven analytic skills and knowledge of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve Control) problem solving techniques through successful delivery of large and complex Lean/Six Sigma initiatives
• Proven analytical aptitude, including the ability to mine and analyze large, complex data sets
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and work under tight deadlines
• Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• MBA or Master's degree in related field
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Certified Six Sigma Black Belt / Master Black Belt is a plus