Manager, Software Engineering- Sponsored Ad Experiences
- London, United Kingdom
Interested in developing a team from the ground up while delivering business-critical goals? We have an opportunity for you! Sponsored Products Supply team is launching a brand new program and we are looking for a technical leader to take the reins in helping us bring our vision to reality.
The Sponsored Products Supply team is re-imagining how customers interact with sponsored content on Amazon. If you are looking to make an impact, this is the team for you. Here you will have an opportunity to operate with a start-up mentality within a rapidly growing, multi-billion dollar space. More importantly, you will invent and innovate on behalf of Amazon's customers, directly impacting how they discover products and navigate through their shopping journeys.
As a Software Development Manager you will have ownership of business-critical systems and services at the interface of Amazon's advertising and retail business. You will hire and lead a stellar team of engineers and scientists to build high-throughput systems and optimization methodologies, develop engineering and operational best practices, drive efficient planning and execution of your product roadmap, and collaborate with partners across product, engineering, science, UX and finance to shape our business vision. You will have the opportunity to shape the experience of millions of Amazon customers every day, and your success will be measured ultimately by your ability to improve their experience with Sponsored Products.
If you are an individual who is looking for an opportunity to lead, invent, design and build, while making a significant impact on Amazon and its customers, this is the perfect time to jump onboard!
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Proven track record of hiring and building high-performance teams and managing cross-functional projects
• Ability to lead the design of large-scale systems and to reason about the challenges and trade-offs
• Experience in owning and operating business-critical applications and services, and the ability to manage operational health in terms of relevant KPIs and mechanisms for improvement
• Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• Experience in Machine Learning and optimization techniques (multi-armed bandits, explore/exploit, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
• Experience in computational advertising technology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. #sspa #sspajobs
Back to top