Manager, Software Development (SDM)
- Seattle, WA
We've launched! Come join Amazon Halo and the Halo Health Technology team! While the majority of our current roles are based in Seattle and Bellevue, WA this position will also be considered in Sunnyvale, CA.
Our Halo Health Technology team, within Amazon's Device organization (e.g. Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), and machine learning.
You will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision in Devices & Services, which includes rapid innovation in building machine learning and computer vision based services. We leverage cutting edge technology in client-app frameworks, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services. You will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of engineers responsible for building high performing, machine learning based applications that run on devices and interact with large scale distributed systems. In this position you will partner with product managers, project managers, and other internal partners.
A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams.
In this role, you will:
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
• Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
• Maintain and improve existing software
• Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
• Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
• Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java
• 2+ years of people leadership
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in building ML workflows that run on edge devices
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top