Manager, Software Development (SDM)
- Seattle, WA
We're the Halo team, within Amazon's Device organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), and we need a Software Development Manager to join us in our mission to improve customers' health and wellness. We solve customer problems by creating devices, building mobile apps, developing Alexa skills, and employing computer vision and machine learning and weaving them all together into products customers love.
This team owns services that power the customer experience. In leading this team, you'll partner with teams across the organization and beyond to design and build services that control the customer experience by abstracting away multiple layers of complexity. This is a full-stack role that encompasses both service development in AWS as well as app development in Java, Kotlin, Swift, and React Native. You'll partner with product managers, project managers, and other internal partners. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve great results.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
• Hire and develop a great engineering team.
• Maintain and improve existing software
• Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
• Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
• Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java
• 2+ years of people leadership
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Back to top