Manager, Software Development - Amazon Devices
Join the team that brought you the Echo Show, a touch-screen enabled Alexa device that supports video calling, music, weather, and more! Our Echo Software team works on not only the Echo Show but other high-profile consumer electronics products including Fire TV, Kindle, and the Echo family of devices. We're just getting started, and we'd love to have you join us to bring innovative experiences to millions of customers.
This position is focused on visual Android design, to build out our next generation UI patterns for our Echo Show and other Alexa-enabled devices. You will be both leading a team of UI software developers as well as coordinating closely with our visual design and artist teams.
We'd love to talk to you if you have passion for developing visual experiences, strong CS and coding fundamentals, experience working with mobile platforms such as Android, structured Agile project management experience, passion for hiring and managing personnel, and experience building and executing on project vision.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience leading production software teams.
- 3+ years experience managing direct reports.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one modern programming language.
- 3+ years of experience in CS fundamentals including algorithms, runtime analysis, OO design, code quality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs.
- Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Development experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android.
- Strong interest and proficiency in visual design.
- Experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle.
- Experience working in fast paced Agile environments.
- Excellent technical communication ability with peers and non-technical partners.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top