Manager, Software Development-- Alexa Enabled Devices
The Amazon Speech team designs and develops the core speech recognition technology used by numerous Amazon products including Amazon Echo, Amazon's mobile shopping app and various other products and services.
As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on web and mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing embedded s/w solutions, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Develop and grow engineers on the team and maintain a best-of-class engineering team
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science (MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Math)
- Experience designing and developing embedded s/w solutions.
- At least 3 years experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Expertise in one or more modern programming languages (C/C++, Python, Java)
- A track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Experience communicating with executives and non-technical leaders
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math.
- Experience with Speech related technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top