Manager, Software Development-- Alexa Enabled Devices
- Cambridge, MA
Alexa's Wakeword & Device Invocations team is looking for a Software Development Manager to manage modeling software team. Alexa is the voice activated digital assistant powering Amazon Echo, Tap, Dot and Fire TV devices. Amazon has built industry's best far-field voice experience that is delighting customers. Our team creates the solutions that provide magical hands-free invocation experience to the hundreds of unique Alexa enabled devices, both made by Amazon and our partners. We combine s/w engineering with advanced machine learning techniques to create innovative solutions.
As a Manager of Software Development for the modeling software team, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of big data software tools. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing machine learning software, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
• Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
• Develop and grow engineers on the team and maintain a best-of-class engineering team
• Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Experience designing and developing embedded s/w solutions.
5+ years experience managing software development teams with 3+ years of hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
2+ years experience developing machine learning platforms for scientific experimentation
5+ years of working experience in one or more modern programming languages (C/C++, Python, Java).
• MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math.
• Experience with Speech related technologies
• Experience Managing complex software projects and highly talented engineering teams.
• Experience with Amazon AWS technology stack and micro-services.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top