Manager, Software Development - Alexa
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
This role will drive a team of engineers building out new products and features on Alexa. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we're looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
As Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of new features and products. A successful leader will lead a team of software engineers in the design, development, testing, deployment, and operation of full-stack, consumer or developer-facing iOS or Android Alexa features.
- Must have a passion for IoT/Smart Home technology and want to own the vision for building Android or iOS experiences that customers have not yet dreamed of.
- You hire and develop highly-motivated engineers, building leaders in your division.
- You take ownership of the architecture, quality, performance, and operational excellence of the product your team produces.
- You are a cross-team leader.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Experienced in computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and system design
- 3+ years experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building and maintaining customer facing mobile applications
- Recent experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top