Manager, Software Development - Alexa
- Seattle, WA
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on the engine behind it - Alexa. We're building a new Platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. The Platform will deliver production-quality user experiences on the technologies our customers interact with (e.g., web, mobile, device). We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead an organization of experienced Engineers that are incredibly technical, agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You will lead design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products related to skill definition, management and analytics. You will own a new platform, services and features which will enable developers to create better skills more efficiently. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
• Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
• 3+ years of experience in Software development
• Experience as a Development Manager, managing teams of software engineers, and delivering on a technology roadmap.
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
• Experience with full stack web development and system architecture
• MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
• Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Exceptional customer support focus and skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top