Manager, Software Development - Alexa
- Seattle, WA
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on the engine behind it - Alexa. We're building a new Platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. The Platform will deliver production-quality user experiences on the technologies our customers interact with (e.g., web, mobile, device). We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead an organization of experienced engineers who are incredibly technical, agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. Your core focus in this role will be developer productivity. You will lead design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products related to skill development and management. You will own a portfolio of open-source developer tools (e.g. IDE extensions, command-line, build tool, and more) and SDKs, which define the core developer experience for building voice-centric applications and enable developers to efficiently collaborate and manage the development lifecycle of their Alexa Skills. An ideal candidate will have an established background in building developer experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and products.
• Responsible for the end-to-end development lifecycle of products under ownership
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the planning and day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop technical designs and approaches that will stand the test of time
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience as a Development Manager, managing teams of software engineers, and delivering on a technology roadmap.
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
• MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
• Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Exceptional customer support focus and skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top