Software Development Manager Product Assurance Risks and Security Tech
Amazon is seeking experienced professionals interested in infusing customer obsession into the way products are bought, sold, and distributed on a global scale. Qualified candidates will bring their technical expertise and have the ability to directly impact the building of new tools, services, and distribution structures across Amazon's growing footprint. The products and capabilities enabled by this role will deliver unprecedented selection while innovating beyond established supply chain norms. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with interactions across a wide variety of e-commerce topics, and will demonstrate competence in multiple fields and skill sets. We are a team of great engineers and tech leaders who are on a mission to build an Amazon scale solution using cutting edge technologies. Come join us, to have fun and make history!
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Software Development Manager to manage an existing team of developers working on a large, multi-year greenfield initiative. This candidate should have an established background in delivering large-scale solutions, strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence within a team. You should have inclination to use ML and AI to solve large scale problems wherever applicable.
The role requires you to be able to manage the overall software development life-cycle which includes the following responsibilities:
• Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute road-maps, project plans, and commitments.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
• Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
• Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization.
• Partner with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes.
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
• Own all operational metrics and support.
• Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon.
• Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives.
• Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
If you join us, you will have the opportunity to lead the delivery of a highly visible project that is a key enabler for selection growth as Amazon looks to expand across the Globe.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
Exposure to large scale data and Machine Learning platforms for building and deploying models.
• Passion for people management and mentorship.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area