Manager, Software Development
- Seattle, WA
Eager to work on hard problems that are critical to Amazon and its customers? Want to work in a high-energy environment where you are encouraged to learn and try new things? Join Amazon and manage a team of talented developers who build platforms and services that enable scalable ML-based solutions across Amazon. The team is responsible for parsing for information from product text and images in the catalog, packaging it for Amazon-wide consumption in both realtime and offline systems. The team has external ML scientists and engineers as clients for the systems that they own.
Taking your ideas from inception to launch, you will drive design, track implementation, and apply your software engineering expertise to shape, refine, and redefine a large distributed system to enable access to data derived from Amazon's catalog.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience as a software engineer and/or as a manager, and at least 3+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers including identifying, hiring and developing top talent
• Experience in Image Processing, Data Mining, Statistics, or Machine Learning
• Experience with OOD, object oriented languages and full product life cycles
• Advanced degree/PhD/Masters in Computer Science/related field
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment and effectively interact with technical and nontechnical workers.
• Consistent track record of delivery.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top