Manager, Software Development
- Bengaluru, India
Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO, and live events like Thursday Night Football. Our architecture operates at Amazon-scale and raises the bar for playback reliability, video start time, and image quality. Prime Video runs on thousands of device types in over 200 territories worldwide.
The Prime Video International expansion team serves as the voice of our international customers, advocates on behalf of those customers, and delivers capabilities that allow us to acquire, engage, and retain more of them. Our mission is to ensure every internet-connected customer in the world can enjoy Prime Video. We accomplish this by continuously increasing the number of global customers for Transactional Video On Demand (TVOD) Offering
Our architecture serves billions of requests per day, with obsessively high reliability and low operational overhead. We leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, IoT, and CloudFront.
As a Manager, Software Development on the Prime Video International team, you will oversee the design and implementation of significant technical projects by both achieving results through SDE's and QAE's. You will help influence the team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to priorities and approach, set the standard for engineering excellence, take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous technical problems, architecture deficiencies, or areas where your team's software bottlenecks the innovation of other teams and collaborate and influence other teams throughout the greater Prime Video organization. To achieve results through others, you will demonstrate technical influence over the different individual teams, either via a collaborative software effort or by increasing their productivity and effectiveness by driving software engineering best practices. You'll also lead design reviews for the org, actively participate in design reviews across Prime Video, provide insightful code reviews and actively mentor other engineers.
• Manage 1-2 teams of high caliber Software Engineers working on building, scaling world class, distributed systems
• Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach SDEs and QAEs at different levels of experience
• Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
• Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software
• Drive improvements in software engineering practices across engineering teams
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
Ability to work and influence multiple technical partner teams collaboratively in pursuit of business goals
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Programming experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java
• Strong focus on customers and operational excellence
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Prior experience in Payments and Commerce related technologies
Back to top