Manager Software Development
- Munich, Germany
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Kinesis Data Analytics (KDA) team is looking for engineering leaders who are looking to work on distributed stream processing engines. We are looking for builders who are enthusiastic about data streaming and excited about making stateful stream processing mainstream for customers.
Real-time data processing from a stream needs substantial investments from customers in writing the application and maintaining the necessary infrastructure. KDA service provides customers with fully managed stream processing platform where customers can develop their applications using SQL or Java. With the service all that customers need to do is provide the application code that needs to be run containing the business logic to process the stream and service takes care of providing building blocks/abstractions such as processing windows, execution semantics, checkpoints and infrastructure capabilities such as elasticity, fail-over etc. eliminating complexity of stream processing.
As a Development Manager on the KDA team, you will be working on enabling your team to build and operate open source stream processing engine, Apache Flink to make KDA service the defacto service to run stream processing application. Your teams charter will be to make investments in improving the Apache Flink engine so that it is easy to operate and investments to make add stream processing features to make Apache Flink engine robust. Responsibilities also include working with the product team to define features and aligning the technical roadmap to achieve business goals.
Up-streaming changes is a very key trait of any investments in this space, as such we expect this team to collaborate very closely and engage with the open source community in defining the roadmap.
You will be joining the team at a very exciting time with a lot of growth in front of us as we make stream processing mainstream.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar, or comparable experience
• Several years experience growing and mentoring software engineering developers and leaders
• Established skills in designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a large scale enterprise environment
• Strong technical credentials, with several years experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects, including delivering roadmaps to meet organizational business goals on time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Ideally 12+ years of management experience, including with managing multiple teams
• Experience driving complex, cross-organizational projects
• Experience creating and driving a bold vision
• REST Architecture, Data Sharding, Online Transaction Processing, and associated technologies
• Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies
• Project management experience with agile development methodology
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Back to top