Manager, Software Development
Help us turn the finance industry on its head!
Are you interested in helping us disrupt an entire industry? Amazon Lending provides financing and credit services to customers across the Amazon eco-system. We are seeking a technical leader who will own one of Lending's credit platforms, which is responsible for the evaluation, monitoring and issuance of billions of dollars in credit to our customers each year.
This strategic initiative lets you shape every aspect of how credit is assessed, operationalized and scaled to multiple types of customers across Amazon. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide spectrum of technical systems at Amazon.
We are looking for a technically strong and passionate leader to be a key member of Amazon Lending's core team.
This is a great opportunity for someone to experience a start-up environment within Amazon. If building scalable systems to solve new and complex business problems excites you please let us know!
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- · Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
- · Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
- · Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- · Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
- · Mentor and grow top tier SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
- · Hire key engineering positions to grow your team
- 5+ years hands-on software development experience with proven track record of delivering results
- · 3+ years software team management experience
- · BS in Computer Science, a strong background in data structures, algorithms
- · Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- · Proficiency with the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages and familiarity with emerging open-source technologies
- Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
- · High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- · Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- · Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership
- · Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top