The India Consumer Technology (ICT) team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon's fastest growing marketplace. We are a multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market. We are expanding our team to take it to the next level by building capabilities that can convert millions more of offline customers in India into online customers. Our Development team plays pivotal role in Amazon India's success, with the mission to build tailor-made solutions for each category, by making it easy for customers to buy online.
If you are looking for an opportunity to lead strong growing Dev team, build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of India and global customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today!
- Establish career management and individual development of direct reports including ICs and managers.
- Raise the bar on development life cycle of the solution and build mechanisms to deliver complex projects with significant top and bottom line impact
- Work with product leadership in developing product strategies and long term thematic roadmap to provide compelling capabilities for offering new services and enable new business opportunities.
- Work closely with principal and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Establish best practices for effective project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
- Be accountable for operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 5+ years of people management experience, managing 10+ engineers
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Software development experience in Linux, Java, RDBMS, building web services and highly scalable applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations